Establishing a foundation from which to build is important in the college admission process. Beginning in the 9th or 10thgrade, we’ll begin to explore your academic and personal interests. You will follow the ‘right path.’
A comprehensive and holistic approach package of services begins at the beginning of a student's junior year and concludes when they begin their freshman year at their "best fit" college.
(No limit to the number of meetings or length of counseling sessions.)
Academic Review & Planning
· High school transcript review– courses, grades, test scores
· Curriculum planning - senior year
· Discussion of learning style
Activities Review and Authenticity & Resume Development
· Exploring and pursuing meaningful extracurricular/community service activities
· College resume development & networking strategies
· Athletic/Music/Theater/Dance Resume/Scouting – if applicable
A Personalized College List – utilizing the ASF (academic, social, and financial) approach.
· Self-assessment of needs and wants – size, location, and academic & individual interests
· Exploration of colleges utilizing primary and secondary college resources
· Development of an individualized College List Spreadsheet – includes actionable data
· How to show demonstrated interest
· Networking with college admissions counselors and special interest administrators
· Navigating teacher recommendations-coaching and self-advocacy
· Testing & application strategies based on the student’s College List
· Assistance with SAT/ACT registration
· Test preparation resources (online or in-person)
· Test results analysis in the context of mid-range scores of colleges
Paying for College
· College Costs – Estimating & comparing
· Financial aid overview & payment strategies
· Scholarship resources – local and nationwide
Essay Writing Coaching
· Essay writing overview and strategies, brainstorming and editing of the BIG essay
· Supplemental essays for two colleges (additional essays are billed at an hourly rate)
· Completing the Common Application the ‘Right Way’
· Application editing and final review
· Parent college admission education materials & meetings – parents enjoy unlimited contact with our college advisors
Transition to College
Application, Resume & Personal Essay Writing
A two-week program where students work one-on-one with Lisa and a skilled essay editor. Students will learn about the college admission process and complete the following:
The Common Application
Resume Design & Self-Marketing Skills
Essay Writing Coaching & Editing
Before working with an essay coach, read and enjoy Essays That Worked (included in the student’s Pre-Meeting package)
It is not unusual to have students come to us in late summer or early fall and ask for our assistance. We offer many services that will get students on track and help them meet their application deadlines.
Don't Stress. We Are Here To Help
For details, see the "It's Not Too Late" page
Thinking about transferring? There are many reasons why a student might transfer colleges. Perhaps they have changed academic major or encountered a financial situation, or realized that their school isn't the right fit. Whatever the reason, we can help. Services include exploring new colleges, updating your resume, writing essays, meeting deadlines, and applying for financial aid.
Inquire about this service
Don't see a package that meets your needs? Then let's discuss what you do need and how we can tailor services to your child.
Financial Aid Counseling
We can help you to understand and navigate the financial aid process, scholarships, understanding awards, and discuss various ways to pay for your child's college tuition.
Note: We are not financial advisors - we don't offer financial counseling.